This documentation provides instructions on how to integrate notifications within a functionality.
For example: We may want to notify a specific set of users about the creation of a new savings account so that those users can act upon those notifications and take specific actions like approve/activate the savings account.
First of all, let's configure notification for the example above, then we can take a few more examples to make you comfortable with configuring notifications.
Note :- It is imperative to understand that we need to send notifications only to those users who have some work related to that notification. Otherwise, it is not useful to send a notification to any user who can't do anything with that notification.
Every user in an organization has some role associated with him/her. To see which role is associated with a user, follow these steps:
- 1.Navigate to Admin >> Users.
2. This will display a list of Users. Click on the name of the user whose details you want to view (NOTE: you can use the search bar on the top of the page to filter users by name).
Now, if you want a user to receive a notification whenever a new savings account is created (so that they can activate/approve that account), you need to make sure that the role of that user contains the permission to either approve/activate the savings account.
You can see what permissions a role contains by navigating to Admin >> System >> Manage Roles and Permission and then clicking on the name of the role for which you want to see the permissions.
For our example above, we need the permissions "ACTIVATE SAVINGS ACCOUNT" or "APPROVE SAVINGS ACCOUNT" to be checked for the role of a user who will receive these notifications. Ensure that the user who will receive the notification should also have the permission to read the savings account because they have to activate/approve that savings account.
With this, our notification is configured and the user will be able to receive a notification whenever a new savings account is created. They can then act upon that notification to perform any permitted actions.
Following is the list of notifications which you can configure, and in front of it are the permissions of a role which need to be checked. Simply pick a notification which you think needs to be generated for a user then check the corresponding permissions in the role of that user.
- For a user to get notification for an event, they will require a role containing the permission required to get that notification. For example: if a user wants to be notified whenever a new client is created, they will need a role having "ACTIVATE CLIENT" or "READ CLIENT" permissions.
- To assign a permission to a role, navigate to Admin >> System >> Manage Roles and Permission and then click on the name of the role for which you want to assign the permission to.
- To assign a role to a user, navigate to Admin >> Users and then click on the name of the user to view his/her details, including roles.